Art camp safety guidelines:
- Parents/guardians dropping off children must enter through the SCAC’s front entrance and sign children in/out.
- Each child’s temperature will be taken when they arrive If they have a temperature over 100.4 they will be sent home for the day. If your child is feeling unwell for any reason, please DO NOT bring them to camp.
- We encourage wearing a mask during camp.
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes will be available in the classroom.
- Campers will be spaced 6 feet apart in the classroom. Due to fewer campers this year we can give everyone more space.
- We will provide bottled water and packaged snacks for the students or they may bring their own. There is no lunch break for Week I camp session. Camp session Week II will need to bring a lunch.
- We have decided to not hold the Friday Art Camp reception/gallery show this year in order to limit the number of people in the classroom. We apologize for any inconvenience. Campers will be able to take home all artwork and projects after camp ends on Friday.
- Don’t forget to dress your camper in clothes they can get dirty or bring an old shirt or apron for them to wear. Art camp can get messy!
If you have any questions about camp or the guidelines, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 205-669-0044.
Summer Fine Art Camp 2020-Adventures in Art
The kids Fine Art Camps are back for another great summer of fun with Ms. Edna Sealy Booker! This year’s theme is Adventures in Art! Campers will explore various forms of artistic expression such as: drawing, painting, textiles, printmaking, sculpture and pottery, and multimedia collage. New techniques will be introduced such as using alcohol inks and paint pouring. Campers will learn about animal and wildlife art, art around America, mini masters, new creative creatures, and comics, cartoons and characters.
*Space is limited! Sign your camper up today!*
Fine Art Camp I (Ages 5-8): *This week is full!*
Dates: July 6th-10th
Fine Art Camp II (Ages 9-12):*This week is full!*
Dates: July 13th-17th
Time: 9am-2pm (Campers will need to bring a lunch for this week)
*Camp will take place at the Shelby County Arts Council-105 West College St., Columbiana, 35051*