:Statement of Purpose
The gallery’s primary purpose will be to host 8 to 9 exhibits per year, all open to the public.
The SCAC Art gallery will be named the Ebsco Fine Art Gallery. We are honored to brand this space with the Ebsco name and grateful to them for their investment in the gallery. The new gallery’s first “official” exhibition is scheduled to be the Alabama Humanities Foundation’s Alabama Bicentennial 200 Exhibit; SCAC will be the sole host for the exhibit in Shelby County. This display is scheduled to open August 2019.
The 2019-2020 Gallery schedule will include:
- “Fine” Folk Art Exhibition and associated Music Festival
- Annual Statewide High School Juried Art Show
- SCAC Student/Teacher Show (including Art Abilities featuring the work of artists with special needs and students from the Juvenile Detention Center)
- Pottery Collective (the works of SCAC sculptors and potters)
- Alabama Humanities Foundation Bicentennial 200 Exhibit
- Southern Expressionist Exhibit
- Metal Arts Exhibition (A curated show by Nelson Grice featuring SCAC foundry works)
- SCAC Annual Adult Juried Art Show (open invitation w/ entry fee)
- Southern Photo Journalists Portfolio Exhibit (Curated by Jared Ragland, UAB Art Dept. )
The gallery’s secondary purpose will be for event rental. This mostly open, beautiful space will be great for receptions with a direct crowd flow from the SCAC foyer and convenient access to rest rooms and the kitchen.